Home The History Beautiful Bucks County Gift Certificates Contact us
Accommodations
 

The beautiful Highland Farm is over 260 years old. When it was first built in the 1740’s, the house stood tall over more than 40 acres of rolling farmland. It was named Evergreen Farm, and included the main house, a smoke house, and a wine cellar. At that time, Bucks County, short for Buckinghamshire County, was one of only three counties in Pennsylvania. Most commerce resided in agriculture and land was deeded out by William Penn. The first owners were most certainly successful farmers who worked the land and grew their own food.

By 1840, the original house had been replaced with the current structure, an impressive three-story mansion. The wine cellar and smoke house survived demolition and are now connected to the main house. The barn and a carriage barn were also added to the grounds.

Learn more